PJ Morton Premieres 'Only One' Single


PJ Morton Releases Stevie Wonder-Assisted "Only One" Single

PJ Morton released his new single "Only One" earlier today (Mon, Jan. 28) from his upcoming album New Orleans, which is set to drop on May 14, 2013 under Young Money Records. The single samples a jazz and soul sound with piercing drum beats and carries a highly catchy chorus with memorable versus in between.

Long time soul veteran Stevie Wonder is featured on the track playing the harmonica and other notable instruments such as the keyboard and backing vocals.





"Stevie is my biggest influence," he told Billboard of the collaboration. "Out of anybody, Stevie's really the one that I studied the most growing up in music, so we literally tried everything to get him on the song."

Morton said he met with Stevie Wonder personally and then followed up with the idea of the collaboration. Thanks to the positive response from both Wonder and an associate in his camp, the inclusion of the music legend on the track came to fruition.

"'New Orleans' for me is getting back to when I initially fell in love with music and when I just did music just because I had fun doing it," he said. "That was before I understood the radios, marketing, all of that. I thought I was going to sell one billion records just because it was good. My first major label debut album is because of that city, so I feel like 'New Orleans' sums up everything I wanted to say."

PJ Morton is currently prepping for a North American tour with band mates Adam Levine, Mickey Madden, and the guys of Maroon 5 to promote their newest album Overexposed, which dropped on June 26 last year.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts