Maroon 5 Drop Surprise Power Ballad, 'Hurt'

Maroon 5's "Hurt" single cover
Maroon 5 surprise fans with new "Hurt" single

If "Hurt" isn't dark enough of a name for a song with pianos, strings, and other slow, melodic instrumentals, I don't know what is. Maroon 5 gave us its first piano ballad back in 2012 with their Overexposed cut "Sad" which didn't ease so well with critics. Now, Maroon 5 are back with "Hurt", a dark and powerful ballad about a heart wrenching breakup between a man and a women cut from their upcoming fifth album, V. And as if it wasn't heartbreaking enough, it features country prodigy... T-Swift

A while back, guitarist and co-founder of Maroon 5, James Valentine spoke about the band's 5th album stating "I think we're more focused than we've ever been, and all we really are interested in doing now is working on music," guitarist James Valentine tells Billboard.com. "Usually we'd be on tour and have fun and come back home and use that time to make a record. Now I think we're just at a point where we feel like there's more music in us than that. I always have my laptop with my recording interface, and there's usually always a few things I'm working on at any given point. So, yeah, we're working on a lot of stuff. I think the next recording's going to be ready a lot sooner than our previous records."

You can listen to the new song "HURT" below:
http://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ!!!!!!!!!!!!

APRIL FOOLS!!!! NO NEW SONGS YET!!!

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha,ha,,,, April's Fools Day. Thank you. :

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not funny first time I've been "fooled" all day @maroon5.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts