1/21/2015

Highlights from Maroon 5 Manager Jordan Feldstein's Interview With Billboard Magazine

Photo of Maroon 5 with manager Jordan Feldstein.
Maroon 5 and Adam Levine manager spoke up about his relations with the band & Sara Bareilles

A recent interview was published by Billboard magazine earlier this week of Maroon 5 and Adam Levine manager Jordan Feldstein, as he spoke about the band, his relations with the frontman and Sara Bareilles, his life long career, and when he first heard the Maroon 5 song that aspired his wanting to be the band's soon-to-be longtime manager.


We dug out some of the worthy highlights from the lengthy interview that mainly surround the topics of Maroon 5 and Adam Levine. Check them out below.

Feldstein on Kara's Flowers and hearing Maroon 5's first demo:
Adam, who I'd known forever, invited me to the studio. Of course, he was two hours late so I sat with the engineer who played me a song called "Not Coming Home" and I was, like, "Holy shit!" To be honest, I never liked Adam's previous band, Kara's Flowers, which was this white, poppy, punky kind of thing. But when I heard what ended up becoming Songs About Jane, it had a distinct urban influence that really spoke to me.

Feldstein on becoming Maroon 5's manager:
I started pursuing them. They were rightfully scared of having a 21-year-old just out of college as their manager but I kept setting things up, taking care of them, taking them to meals -- which, at that point, going to Houston's was a big deal. Eventually I convinced them. Then, we started shopping the band... doing showcase after showcase, but no one bit. Finally Octone signed them. I think I made $3,000 on that deal.

Feldstein on Adam Levine's songwriting and Maroon 5's recent albums:
Here's the problem: Adam is so busy. The fact that we shot [Begin Again] is a f--ing miracle. Him sitting in the room writing with band members is not going to work. Also, I think the band realized that having outside songwriters takes pressure off, because for Adam, writing all the lyrics on an album was a very stressful process. Finally, I think you come to a point in your life where you're like, "I'm not 20 and I may not know how to write songs for ­teenagers anymore."

Feldstein on Adam Levine's future in acting:
When he has time and it's the right thing. We're not just taking whatever comes across our desk. We're trying to figure out if there is a supporting role in a comedy because the dude is really funny.

Feldstein on Adam's role as coach on NBC's The Voice:
He loves doing it. And there is so much good that has come out of The Voice. NBC got him to host Saturday Night Live, present at the Golden Globes. We have a production company at NBC... They've done things for him that have been really rewarding from a business perspective. And obviously the money doesn't hurt.

Feldstein on parting ways with Sara Bareilles:
No one likes to get fired. It's not a fun experience. [Losing] Sara Bareilles -- someone I was with when she was playing little clubs in Westwood -- hurt. Sometimes it's not the right fit though, particularly with me, because I like to speak my mind. You get an honest opinion from me and a lot of people in this business don't want that.

For the full interview, click on the link below:
www.billboard.com/articles/business/6443714/corner-office-jordan-feldstein

Get Maroon 5's new album, now available everywhere on line and in stores:
www.maroon5.com/v

See Maroon 5 on tour this year on the 2015 MAROON 5 WORLD TOUR with special guests MAGIC! and Rozzi Crane! Visit www.maroon5.com/maroonvtour for tickets and tour dates.

Watch Maroon 5's new fan made video for "Sugar" below:

No comments:

Post a Comment